Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Framework lets your users get T-shirts with their content

Together with my colleague Justinas Vilimas we have developed a framework that enables any app user order printed T-shirt in 3 easy steps through the in app purchase. Of course we needed to make an example and lucky enough one of our simple apps "Beard Photobooth" is getting 500 downloads per day so in a course of a weekend we've integrated T-shirt printing system into it and are testing it right now.

You can see how it looks in action here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.a3pweek.beardphotobooth

So how does it work. You simply implement our code into your application, you can either use our default template or wrap everything into your own awesome app style. The system works in three simple steps:

  1. You choose what your users would like to print (we recommend this being something they've created themselves but it's entirely up to you) and provide us with a JPG then at any given point in the app we serve a T-shirt silhouette and selected picture superimposed on it. First step of ordering the T-shirt is choosing its type. Obviously this module could be integrated in already existing app screen or be on its own.
  2. User sees rendered T-Shirt and chooses Male/Female type of the shirt, chooses size and enters her delivery address. Then she completes in-app-purchase and vuola. High quality printed T-Shirt arrives in a matter of a 1-2 weeks depending on delivery country.
  3. You get payed by either Google or Apple depending on the platform, operators take their share respectively (currently its 30% for both of them for in app purchases) and we split remaining 70% accordingly... ehem we're still working on the exact percentage but don't worry we want this be benefit both to you and to your users. 
Printing Quality

We've partnered with a printing house that offers great printing prices that we get for ordering in a bulk, also their printing processes facilitates high volume custom T-shirt printing so it's a win win for everyone.

Please get in touch if you're interested at lukas@tinywhitetribe.com